Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Farewell Friends

It’s amazing, six days have flown by. The Carew’s have to begin the drive back today. Berk has been moping around all afternoon. To cheer the kids us Julie and I planned a wonderful breakfast - pancakes, sausage (maple flavored pork sausage to be specific), fried eggs and toasted sour dough bread – amazing and all of the kids were purring like kittens when done. It was the best camp meal thus far. I think Julie and I have become more competent at cooking over an open fire and camp stove as the week has progressed. The next trip we will have to get more adventurous and really plan some amazing meals, now that we have learned how to regulate temperatures, etc.

I digress; we packed the camp, played with the kids and tried to figure out where Julie and Cormac could catch the USA play in the World Cup one last time before the drive. Julie found a place, so Berk and I took Finnioula with us in search of a hotel for the night. The weather is fantastic, rain is gone, so we have to stay and enjoy it…in the comfort of a bed. Best Western here we come (they allow pets). Checked in, unpacked slightly, enjoyed a much needed shower and took Berk and Finnioula to the pool - all in about an hour. Ahhhhh!

Julie soon arrived and we unfortunately had to bid everyone a farewell and safe journey. She had hoped to get a few good hours of driving in before having to stop for the night. To cheer Berk up we went on a quick adventure right out the back sliding door of our hotel. I will let the video speak for itself.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment