30 degrees was the coldest it got according to the folks in the resort. That was definitely the coldest I have ever slept in a tent. Thanks to the extra sleeping bag, and three layers of clothing – we survived! An interesting fact that I never knew about “mummy-style” sleeping bags…they have a hood. You put your head in it and you use it like a hat, standard camping info here, but what I did not know was that the brim area of the hood also acts like a blindfold, so when the sun rises at oh dark thirty, you can still sleep! Berk and I both slept until about 7:30 and we only woke up because the sun had warmed the tent so much we were actually HOT! After a night of freezing temps, the warmth was a pleasant surprise. By 9:00 AM it was an amazing 75 degrees out. You have to admit those are some pretty huge temperature swings!
This Blog chronicles the adventures of a mom, daughter and two dogs on a road trip throughout the Western US. The trick is - you get to help us decide where we go and what we do. Can you offer some suggestions?
Sunday, June 27, 2010
The Hot and the Cold of It
Yes, it was “officially” summer yesterday, but you would not know it here. It is about 10 PM and 45 degrees out, and it’s expected to get even colder as the night wares on. The kids have almost every piece of warm clothing on that we brought with us, plus we have broken out an extra sleeping bag, just in case. Tonight could be very interesting!
We FROZE last night!!!
30 degrees was the coldest it got according to the folks in the resort. That was definitely the coldest I have ever slept in a tent. Thanks to the extra sleeping bag, and three layers of clothing – we survived! An interesting fact that I never knew about “mummy-style” sleeping bags…they have a hood. You put your head in it and you use it like a hat, standard camping info here, but what I did not know was that the brim area of the hood also acts like a blindfold, so when the sun rises at oh dark thirty, you can still sleep! Berk and I both slept until about 7:30 and we only woke up because the sun had warmed the tent so much we were actually HOT! After a night of freezing temps, the warmth was a pleasant surprise. By 9:00 AM it was an amazing 75 degrees out. You have to admit those are some pretty huge temperature swings!
30 degrees was the coldest it got according to the folks in the resort. That was definitely the coldest I have ever slept in a tent. Thanks to the extra sleeping bag, and three layers of clothing – we survived! An interesting fact that I never knew about “mummy-style” sleeping bags…they have a hood. You put your head in it and you use it like a hat, standard camping info here, but what I did not know was that the brim area of the hood also acts like a blindfold, so when the sun rises at oh dark thirty, you can still sleep! Berk and I both slept until about 7:30 and we only woke up because the sun had warmed the tent so much we were actually HOT! After a night of freezing temps, the warmth was a pleasant surprise. By 9:00 AM it was an amazing 75 degrees out. You have to admit those are some pretty huge temperature swings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment