Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

Our first night’s sleep in Lake Tahoe was blissful. It was quiet, scattered clouds made the sunset magical, and the kids were exhausted. Perfect sleeping conditions for any parent. In the middle of the night I was awakened by a slight rapping sound. I had to stop for a moment to figure out what it was when I took a deep breath in and realized – RAIN! Wonderfully quiet, pine scented, and deliciously soothing. I fell back asleep and did not reawaken until after 8:00 AM (again thanks t to the sleeping bag brim and the cloud cover). Julie and I did not think much of the rain as the morning progressed. We really expected it to disappear shortly…it just never did. Unfortunately it rained almost all day. We had planned several adventures with the kids, everything from white water rafting to jet skis – none of which we could do due to the colder (60 degree) temps and showers. We ended up taking them to see Toy Story 3 and Miniature Golf in South Lake Tahoe. Most of them did not really know the difference, all of them except Cormac. He was fixated on fishing. That was his only wish for the whole trip, but sadly we just could not get it accomplished. Maybe next year Big Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment