Oh, this has been an adventure. This is by far the longest time I have spent with my parents since I was in high school. Once college began I was OUT and GONE! I will preface this passage with the statement “I really do love my parents”.
I sent an email to my good friend Deanna the other day, and without realizing it I think I encapsulated my time here with them. Here you go: “Parents are driving me crazy (and visa versa I am sure). They both need hearing aids. Dad has them, but won’t use them. Mom needs them, but won’t get them. Anyone know sign language? So far the only language working is tequila”.
It’s been hot (no AC), loud (I have to yell when I speak to them) and sometimes frustrating, but I would not change anything about my time with them this summer. It’s actually been fun in some ways. They are a hoot. Besides, I am sure having both Berk and I AND the two dogs here has more than disrupted their routine and they have not complained, so I shouldn’t either.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment